It would be a momentous challenge for us, as a very small group, to choose our very favorites from so many options—we need your help to choose which pieces to include in We'Moon! We also strongly believe that bringing in the opinions from the larger community is part of what makes We’Moon a beloved publication among such a broad spectrum of people.
We welcome any women who know and love We’Moon to participate in the Selection Circles. Help us make We’Moon even better, by sharing with us your opinions about the art and writing we received as submissions.
We couldn’t gather in person, like we used to, so we stretched our grassroots, old-fashioned boundaries and took the circles online. The turnout was spectacular! Women from all over the world tuned in, and participation increased five-fold. We were able to garner the opinions from a wider diversity of cultures than ever before!
A large part of the magic of We’Moon is the ceremonial way that we all create her, together. It’s the same on Zoom. We begin every circle with song and altar setting, adding a new element to the altar at each of the 20 or so circles. We then have an introduction with instructions, a Q&A opportunity and short exploration of the theme: “Silver Linings.” Then we dive into the work. We’ll show the art and writing on screen and will read the writings out loud. You will have a few short moments to score the piece through a provided polling option, and then we’ll move on to the next.
Some of the circles will be for both art and writing, some will be for writings only. We will host circles at various times on various days of the week, hoping to land on some timeframes that work for you. Most of the circles will be scheduled for an hour and a half to two hours.
Our schedule for the circles will be from mid-August thru mid-September.
Monday August 16th from 12pm–2pm PDT
Tuesday August 17th from 10am–12pm PDT
Tuesday August 17th from 2pm–3:30pm PDT (Writing Only)
Wednesday August 18th from 10am–12pm PDT
Wednesday August 18th from 2pm–3:30pm PDT (Writing Only)
Saturday August 21st from 1pm–3pm PDT
Sunday August 22nd from 10am–11:30am PDT (Writing Only)
Monday August 23rd from 10am–12pm PDT
Monday August 23rd from 3pm–5pm PDT
Tuesday August 24th from 10am–12pm PDT
Tuesday August 24th from 2pm–3:30pm PDT (Writing Only)
MORE DATES AND TIMES TBA! SIGN UP FOR UPDATES.
– Your video will not be displayed. Only the hosts will have video and audio capabilities.
– You will be able to ask questions in the Q&A window, but your microphone will be disabled.
– We’ll show you a piece of art or writing (the writings will be read aloud, as well. If you prefer to not hear the reader, you can turn the volume down on your device.)
– Then, we will activate a simple multiple-choice poll, with 5 options: On a scale of one to five, how much do you like this piece? Five hearts is the highest rating. The poll is only available through the app, please download the Zoom app to give us your opinions. It won’t appear if you are viewing through your browser.
– We’ll give you a moment or two to make your choice.
– Then we will present the next piece.
Our circles are designed to be a low key affair, relaxed and informal, and hopefully entertaining and enjoyable. Before the circle, gather up everything you might need:
We will have a brief Q&A opportunity at the beginning of each circle, and if you have questions during the circle, you can type them in there. After the circle we will keep the webinar open so you can share feedback, suggestions, and kudos with us.
Thank you for your interest in helping create the next We'Moon. We’ll see you in the webosphere!
Please stay safe, and healthy, and connected to your communities.
For further info: 1.877.693.6666 or email Barb